Saturday 23 October 2010

my mentor

How my Mentor Helped
Charlie Conolly


My mentor is Steve Tebit he is a junior engineer at Huxley Bertrum. Steve started working for for the engineering firm when he was 16, sweeping and doing odd jobs after school. He was then taken on as a machinist shop apprentices and eventually moved up to become a junior engineer. Steve now designs and builds prototype machines for the company. The reason I have chosen Steve to be my mentor is I have an affinity with him and aspire to move up in the company in a similar way. Not only has Steve shown me the way to further my career he has repeatedly been a great help to me with my studies through ONC and now the degree course. The subjects that he helps with the most is maths and materials. Maths is some of the weaker subjects as I struggle with mental arithmetic. Steve is good at braking down an equation and making it easy to see how they work. He also has a lot of good experience working with different materials.

1 comment: